Rather than focus on all the things I’d like to change for myself in the coming year (there are many), when the New Year comes around, I like to take the time to look back at what I’ve accomplished in the year prior.
Last year, I had a lot of things to look back on and be proud of. This year’s achievements have been a bit more difficult to quantify than last year’s, but no less significant.
Without further ado, my 2013 accomplishments:
* Watched my Uncles get married at the stroke of midnight last New Years
* Started sharing a home with my handsome boyfriend
* Ran a 5 mile race (after 2 weeks of being sick) and still completed it without walking
* Ran a 5k in under 30 minutes–a PR for me!
* Finally finally got a job in my field!
* Went to my first music festival
and last but not least:
* Really got this blog off the ground. Here’s an excerpt from my 2013 WordPress Blog Report:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 45,000 times in 2013. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 17 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Last year, I made it my goal to focus on this blog. I was unhappy in my secretary job, and I decided that channeling my ambitions, creativity, and frustration into this blog would be the best use of my time.
And I was right! After 8 months of serious blogging, networking, and hard work, I was able to use the experience I’d gained to get a job in Marketing and PR. That new job has been a roller-coaster ride of emotions, anxiety, and growth, but it’s been worth it.
As I move forward this year, my goal is to continue to make time for this blog as I grow and learn in my new job.
What did you guys accomplish this year? What do you plan on accomplishing in 2014?