I know it’s been awhile. A REALLY long while, but I’m back online to review this waning year and discuss my future plans for this lovely blog of mine. Good things are coming! But for now, let’s take a quick look back.
In early February, I dubbed this year the Year of Unabashed Nerdy-ness, and it has definitely been so! I wore my geeky ha eart on my sleeve without shame, made some new friends, and picked up some new nerdy hobbies.
In the last several months since my move to Chicago, I haven’t really been present here on the blog. I was busy settling into my new apartment, new car-less environment, new job, all while trying to prioritize my relationship and keep my cat alive. Life, uh, finds a way, though!
Here are some awesome things I accomplished/was a part of/loved in 2014 (in no particular order)!
- I planned and pulled off two enormous events at my old job (The 2014 Beyond Safety Conference & Expo and the Midwest Smoke Out at the Chicago Horseshoe Casino).
- Had the audacity to splurge on my first-ever designer bag
- I ran a 10k with my lovely friend R’nld as a pre-celebration for her wedding
- I picked up cross stitching
- Made some new friends
- Finally wrote that personal manifesto…
- Got to watch my boyfriend graduate nursing school! So proud!
- Landed a job at a small publishing company in Chicago and moved my entire life to the city in the span of a month
- Was flown to California by my company to assist at a large conference I helped plan and execute
- Learned how to build and moderate webinars as a part of my new job
- Took hella pictures when my office building was used as the Daily Planet in the new Superman V. Batman movie, and my neighborhood was used as Gotham! Photos below:
So, going forward, what’s happening with this blog?
Zombies for Breakfast is not going away anytime soon. It’s crazy to think that I started this blog 3 years ago, and I’ve kept it going all this time. One of my top priorities this year is making time to blog and utilizing this space as an outlet for my thoughts and feelings.
Expect to see layout changes, category changes, and a general overhaul. I need to give this blog an overall tune-up and a new coat of paint.
I’m looking forward to a fantastic 2015, and I hope you are as well!
Cheers, my dears!